TUFLOW Forum

Lutra Consulting are very happy to announce the first stable release of the Crayfish Plugin for QGIS.  

Crayfish allows hydraulic modelling results from packages like TUFLOW to be viewed natively in QGIS without having to first convert them to intermediate GIS formats.  

The tool supports both contour and vector datasets and allows users to quickly flick between output steps to gain a full appreciation of the hydraulic mechanisms at work within their model.

Please see the project page on our website for full details of how to install and use. 

crayfish_viewer_in_action.png

Hi Peter,

I'm having issues installing the plugin. "After it installs it says Crayfish Viewer Library Not Found", but then when I click yes to download from developer website, it comes up with "Failed to Determine Installation Path." Has this happened to anyone else. We've been able to install it on other machines running Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP 64bit. This problem is unique to me (I'm running Windows 7 64bit).

Cheers, Richie

Hi Peter,

I'm having issues installing the plugin. "After it installs it says Crayfish Viewer Library Not Found", but then when I click yes to download from developer website, it comes up with "Failed to Determine Installation Path." Has this happened to anyone else. We've been able to install it on other machines running Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP 64bit. This problem is unique to me (I'm running Windows 7 64bit).

Cheers, Richie

Hi guys,

I'm getting the same error on Windows 8.1 64-bit (QGIS 2.82). Any ideas on how to get around it?

Cheers,

Danny

EDIT: Alright worked it out that you'll need to download the Crayfish .dll and ffmpeg.exe from Lutra Consulting's website. Unzip these files and then copy it into the Crayfish plugins folder (created after you install through QGIS). This should be located at C:\Users\USERNAME\.qgis2\python\plugins\crayfish.

Edited by dannyduong