TUFLOW Forum

Dear all,

After running TUFLOW successfully and on numerous occasions over the last couple of days, I have suddenly got the message 'TUFLOW Engine Not licensed or no local licences free'.  I dont understand why, as the dongle is plugged in and there is no reason for this. Does anybodyhave any ideas? I have copied the tlf output below;

Build: 2012-05-AE-iSP-w32

Executable: Called from external 1D scheme (Copyright BMT WBM Pty Ltd)

Computer Name: CF-01

Simulation Started: 2013-Jun-25 16:24

Compiler: Intel Fortran v11.1; Single Precision; 32-bit

Hazard Routines ID in TUFLOW_USER_DEFINED.dll: Default Hazard Routines

No Specified Events.

No Specified Scenarios.

Initialising TUFLOW Dongle Settings...
Looking for "C:\BMT_WBM\TUFLOW_Dongle_Settings.dcf"...not found.

"C:\BMT_WBM\TUFLOW_Dongle_Settings.dcf" does not exist - default settings assigned.
Simulations Log Folder == C:\BMT_WBM\log  ! Path or URL to global simulations log folder.  Default is "C:\BMT_WBM\log"
WIBU Retry Time == 60  ! Seconds.  Values less than 1 are set to 1.  Default = 60.
WIBU Retry Count == 0  ! Number of times to retry for a licence at start of simulation.  Use -1 for indefinitely.  Default = 0.
WIBU Dongles Only == OFF  ! If set to ON, searches for WIBU dongles only.  Default is OFF.

Searching for a WIBU (Metal) Dongle...

TUFLOW Engine         Not licensed or no local licences free.

Searching for a SMS WIBU (Metal) Dongle...

TUFLOW Engine         Not licensed or no local licences free.

Looking for a SoftLok Standalone Dongle...not found.

Looking for a SoftLok Network Dongle Server...not found.
Halcrow dongle service is not running.

Kind regards,

Laura

Hi Laura,

Firstly, which type of dongle is it? Is it a silver (metal) or blue USB dongle?  Was it issued by BMT WBM or someone else (e.g. Halcrow / XP Software / Aquaveo) / Once we know which type of licence we are dealing with we should be able to help diagnose the issue!

Regards

Phillip

Phil,

It seems that the Dongle is not being detected.  Also, the dongle is in the same drive as always, and worked the day before...  I dont have admin rights to reassign the Drive letters.

TUFLOW sales have sent me an invoice this morning for the TUFLOW Software Upgrades and Support annual renewal fee, but this shouldnt stop the dongle from working should it?  The invoice says that I have until 31st July to pay....

Thanks,

Hi Laura,

No, the support invoice should have no impact on the dongle working.

Are you able to try the dongle in another USB port, preferably connected to the motherboard (at the back of the computer)?

It is strange that the dongle has suddenly stopped working, however, this could be because windows has assigned another drive the same letter (i.e. a new storage drive or network mapping) or that your IT department have changed firewall or virus settings blocking access to the dongle.  It would be worth asking them about this, and also getting them to check that the drive is showing up in computer management.

There is also the possibility that the dongle has stopped working, we have found these to be very robust, but it is a possibility.  Are you able to check the dongle in another machine?

Regards

Phil

Phil,

I have tried the Dongle in all ports, and have checked that the letter assigned to the drive which is unique.   The Dongle is seen in Windows Explorer as its own Drive Letter but not in CMC.  The light flashes green when inserted and then red.

I cant think of anything else....

Cheers,

Laura

Hi Laura,

Apologies for the hassles you are having.  A couple of additional things:

Do you have another machine to try the dongle in? I'm trying to determine if it is the dongle or the CMLC install that isn't working.

Do you have the latest runtime kit installed (5.0b), if not it might be worth trying this, it can be found here http://www.codemeter.de/us/service/downloads.html

Are you able to search the start menu and run the utility "cmdust" (which should have installed when you installed the CodeMeter runtime kit).  This will create a file "CmDust-Result.log" are you able to email this to support@tuflow.com.

Phillip

Hi Phillip,

We just recently renewed our FV license, and I am having a similar issue after having tried to run an initial simulation. I am able to start a simulation, but it stops after a few minutes (at roughly the 9 or 10 hour timestep) and returns the same error:  'TUFLOW Engine Not licensed or no local licences free'.  Not sure what is causing the interruption, and I am just starting to look into it but if you had any ideas that would be great.

Thanks,

Keith

Hi Keith,

If the simulation is starting, it indicates the dongle software is installed and being detected, but is losing connectivity part way through the simulation.  A couple of things to check:

• Is the dongle plugged into a monitor or USB hub, it would suggest trying it plugging it into a usb port on the motherboard (at the rear of the machine if it is a desktop).  Some USB ports can lose power when the computer goes into power save.
  • No new external drives were plugged in that could have been assigned the same drive letter as the dongle.

If this does not resolve the issue can you please email the following to suport@tuflow.com:

• Events log - to extract this, open the Code Meter Control Centre, navigate to the events tab and copy all the text into a text file. post-220-0-26839200-1376866846_thumb.jpg
  • Run the cmDust utility, this can be found under the "CodeMeter>Tools>CmDust"  start menu entry. This will create a file "CmDust-Result.log"  post-220-0-96428400-1376866913_thumb.jpg

Can you please email through both the event log and the cmDust results and this should hopefully shed some light on why the dongle is being lost part way through the simulation.

Regards

Phil

Hi Phil

Above post was a while ago, but was there any outcome on this? I'm having a similar problem though it is occurring in the middle of batched simulations. My batch file is looping through a set of ARI's and another set of storm durations and will randomly not pick up a licence on some of the simulations. I don't seem to be losing the licence during a simulation like the earlier posts - my problem is that a licence is not found when executing a new simulation. Appears that after closing out the failed attempt, any problem has been rectified a matter of seconds later and the batch file continues on merrily having skipped one of the runs.... I'm using a 3 second delay in my batch file before starting the next simulation on the basis that there may have been a timing issue with close-out of licence after the preceding run but that hasn't solved my problem....

Cheers,

Simon

Hi Simon,

From memory the 1st dot point resolved the issue (although it was few years ago my memory may be failing me).

Is the licence you are having issue with a local or network dongle?

You can monitor the licence usage using the CodeMeter "Webadmin".  This can be accessed by pointing a web browser to:http://localhost:22350/ and then heading to the licence monitoring as per the attached image.

The cmdust diagnostic file also contains a record of all the licence attempts.  If you can send that through to support@tuflow.com we can have a look at what might be happening.

Cheers

Phil

CM_licence_monitoring.PNG