TUFLOW Forum
fmaas

Plot time-varying ESTRY (1D) long section

Hi,

I am trying to produce a time varying long section plot along an ESTRY (1D) branch in my 1D/2D model. Using the Excel macros I can plot the water level at either the start or end point of a branch versus time and using the miTools I can plot a long section of my branch. Yet neither of these seems to offer me a way to display the water level along my branch (and with the correct longitudinal distance) at a particular time. Is it possible to do this and if so how?

I have attached a picture that gives an idea of the kind of output I would like to produce.post-28211-0-03004200-1374186277_thumb.j

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions or comments.

Regards,

Franciscus

Hi Franciscus,

A very timely question, as we have currently been working on some 1D results visualisation tools.  These tools will hopefully make viewing 1D results much easier!  The aim is to release this package to coincide with the 2013 version of TUFLOW.  A preliminary look is: post-220-0-60499500-1374469127_thumb.jpg

The aim is to be able to visualise both time-series data and long profiles.  The viewer will run as either a standalone tool, or is to be used in conjunction with GIS (QGIS, Arc, MapInfo).  As part of the update, there is likely to be a changes in the 1D outputs from TUFLOW, to make this visualisation faster.

In the interim, for viewing long profiles the current options are:

• Define profiles before the simulation with the 2d_LP type.  These are read into the .tcf with "Read GIS LP == <2d_lp>.  Note, this only works for 2D only profiles. This will output results at each timeseries output interval.  We have some excel macro's to animate these outputs.
  • Using the -lp <file> option in the TUFLOW_to_GIS.exe utility.  This works with 1D, 2D and 1D/2D profiles.  This can be extracted at any output time.  We also have a new version of this utility which will output all times (please let me know if you would like a beta copy of this).

Hope that helps, please get back to me if you have any queries. If you have any suggestions for functionality also let us know!

Regards

Phil

Hi Phil,

It has been a wee while since I last looked at this thread and noticed that it has been a while since there was last a post, yet there still is till not a final answer/solution.

So has this tool progressed beyond the beta-stage and is it now available for packages other than QGIS?

Regards,

Franciscus

Hi Phil,

I am having issues with the TUFLOW Results Viewer (QGIS 2.12) not displaying ESTRY flows or water levels.  I followed the instructions on the TUFLOW wiki and have loaded results (.info file) into the viewer and have selected elements from the N_Check and then also the C_Check files but the viewer is not plotting anything.

Screenshots attached.

Thanks in Advance.

Edward

TUFLOW_Results_Viewer_Screenshots.docx

Hi Edward,

Are you able to send zip and email the following to support@tuflow.com:

• .info files and .csv files for the simulation (in the 1D results\csv folder)
  • nwk_C and nwk_N check GIS files

Are you also able to confirm the version you are using by selecting "Plugins>TUFLOW > About >About" from the QGIS menu?

Cheers

Phil