TUFLOW Forum
EricXu

2d_sa_layer and TUFLOW GPU

Dear TUFLOW Support,

If we specify IL/CL in both 2d_sa_rf layer and material file, will TUFLOW CPU count the rainfall loss based on the IL/CL in both 2d_sa_rf layer and material file? Or only one works? If only one works, which one works?

From TUFLOW GPU documentation, I understand that TUFLOW GPU will not use IL/CL in material file. Will TUFLOW GPU be able to use IL/CL in 2d_sa_rf layer?

Thanks,

Eric

Hi Eric,

I've not used the GPU version of TUFLOW before. One thing you could do is apply a really high IL (eg, 1000mm) in the Materials file, but set ILs in the 2d_sa_rf to zero, and see if the model generates any runoff. Visa versa. This way you will know which one handles rainfall losses.

Sounds like you're doing some interesting work

Kind regards

Paul.

Thanks, Paul.

As we know, TUFLOW GPU removed some 2D modelling features which are supported in TUFLOW CPU. We do not know which features are still there and which features have been removed. We do not have time to test every feature to check its exist. We think that this information will be included in the TUFLOW GPU documentation once officially released.

My apologise to TUFLOW Support team for my too early question as TUFLOW GPU has not been officially released. We understand that TUFLOW GPU development team are busy with the final documentation for the GPU module. We are looking forward to seeing the official release of TUFLOW GPU.

How IL/CL works for 2d_sa_rf layer and material file in TUFLOW CPU (as mentioned in my initial post) is still my interest. We may test it for certain confidence. But, if possible, better to get official answers for fully confidence from TUFLOW Support team.

Regards,

Eric