Jump to content

Initial loss and continuing loss in the UK

Recommended Posts

I am currently undertaking some overland modelling on a relative large rural catchment.  The flows calculated are quite large. I have played around with  initial loss = 20mm and continuing loss = 2mm/h.  However, I am wondering if there is a standard based on soil types in the UK I can refer to and more accurately represent initial and continuing losses or indeed if there are any best practices I can refer to.  I understand that other software (i.e. Floodflow and InfoWorks) have the Old and New UK runoff models built in but I don’t have access to these models.


Your help would be much appreciated.


Many thanks.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...