TUFLOW Forum
Ellie Charles

TUFLOW 2013-12-AC and Windows XP?

Are you aware of any issues running TUFLOW 2013-12-AC on Windows XP?

I have the following message when trying to run on XP computers but it has run ok on Windows 7 computers:

"The procedure entry point LCMapStringEx could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."

Simply to say we run it on both XP and windows 7 machines with no problems on either. Regretably I have no idea what that message means, but it's my first responce would probaly be to uninstall and reinstall and then check any dependancies are present and up to date (though I can only think of dongle drivers for dependancies at this point).

We just drop it in place and it works fine for us!

Hope you get it sorted,

PHA.

I've also just noticed this issue. I've tested it across multiple machines now with fresh installs and it only occurs for the latest version 2013-12-AC. Both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of tuflow seem to have problems although I have only tested on 64 bit machines. All previous versions seem to work fine.

I've attempted removing the path and trying different (newer and older) versions of kernel32.dll to no avail. Windows 7 works fine.

Matt

Hi All,

Thanks for pointing this out.  It appears that in the TUFLOW GPU updates for the 2013-12-AC release a newer function is called and this is not available in Windows XP (only in Vista and newer):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd318702%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

We are looking to issue an update which resolves this issue.

Regards

TUFLOW Support Team