TUFLOW Forum
lucy

Error 0439 - Writing .shp file object coordinates

Hi 

I am trying to create cross sections for a 1D model. When I use the conversion tool to go from 12da lines to a cross section database, it creates a csv file for my cross sections ok and also two shape files (line and point) but these have no data in them. Also the exe window ends in the error 0439 - Writing .shp file object coordinates

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks, Lucy

Hi Lucy,

Are you able to explain the process that you are going through?  Are you using the 12da_to_from_GIS or the xsGenerator utility, and what are the command line arguments that you are using?

Regards

Phil

Hi Phil

Thanks for your response

• I generated my cross section lines in GIS
  • I used the 12da_to_from_GIS utility to convert them into 12da format which worked fine
  • Someone draped them over the survey in 12D for me
  • I then tried to use the 12da_to_from_GIS utility to create the shape files and csv files from the 12da file
  • It creates the first 2 csv files and 2 shape files (line and point) but these have no information in them. The 2 csv files it does create are fine

The batch file I am trying to use for the conversion is below

C:\Users\lpocock\Desktop\TUFLOW_program\12da_to_from_gis.exe -shp -xs 12da_OUTPUT.12da
Pause

Thanks for your help
Lucy

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for that, it looks like you have discovered a bug in the writing the shapefile outputs (MapInfo outputs should have been ok).  This has been updated and version 2014-10-AA of the 12da_to_from_GIS should now work as expected.  This can be downloaded here:

http://www.tuflow.com/Download/TUFLOW/Utilities/12da_to_from_gis.zip

Regards

Phil