TUFLOW Forum
Kev_H2010

Output Zones

Hello,

I am attempting to use the new TUFLOW output zones in order to produce higher temporal resolution maps for the site of interest, but much coarser scale maps elsewhere (to reduce run times).  I have gone through the user notes and believe I have set this up correctly, but continue to get ERROR 0045 (Map Output Interval not specified).  The commands I am using are below:

--------------------------------

!Map Outputs

Define Output Zone == Z1
    Read GIS Output Zone == ..\model\mi\Nested_Domains\OutputZones.MIF
    Start Map Output == 0 
    Map Output Interval == 18000  
    Map Output Data Types == d v q h MB1 MB2 R !t V W Z1 ZH  
    Store Maximums and Minimums == ON MAXIMUMS ONLY 
End Define

Define Output Zone == Z2
    Read GIS Output Zone == ..\model\mi\Nested_Domains\OutputZones2.MIF
    Start Map Output == 0 
    Map Output Interval == 1800  
    Map Output Data Types == d v q h MB1 MB2 R 
    Store Maximums and Minimums == ON MAXIMUMS ONLY 
End Define

!Time series
Time Series Output Interval (s) == 1800 
Screen/Log Display Interval == 1800
CSV Time == Hours

--------------------------------

The Read GIS Output Zone == command is looking up a MapInfo mid/mif which includes a polygon.  There are not attributes in this. 

Could anyone offer any light on what I have done wrong?

Thanks very much.

I very well could be wrong but my guess is that you need to tell which output zones are active using the command "Model Output Zones."

Something like:

Model Output Zones == Z1 | Z2

I hope this helps. If not hopefully someone else will have the right answer.

Thanks for the suggestion but I have already tried this.  Has anyone got an example TCF where this has worked?  If so it would be very much appreciated if this could be shared (along with the output zone mid/mif).

Thanks

Hi Kevin,

Do you have the Map Output Interval ==  command set outside of the output zones?  This is needed to set the frequency of the entire model output.  An example of a working .tcf is below:

Cheers

Phil

Map Output Format == xmdf flt                      !XMDF output for SMS and .flt output for GIS
Log Folder == log                                  !Redirects log output (eg. .tlf and _messages.mif files) to the folder "log"
Output Folder == ..\results\                       !set output folder in this case the outputs are separated into folder based on the scenarios
Write Check Files == ..\check\                     !Set output folder
Write Check Files Include == dem_z                 !only write the dem_z check file
Map Output Data Types == h V q d Z0                !Set the output types
FLT Map Output Data Types == h d Z0                !For the GIS grid only get the levels, depths and Z0 hazard (VxD product)
Map Output Interval == 3600                        !default map output interval, for all types unless otherwise defined
FLT Map Output Interval == 0                       !For the GIS grids only get the maximum
Time Output Cutoff Depth == 0.1, 0.25, 0.5         !Additional outputs on the time and duration the depths are exceeded
Start Map Output == 0                              !Start map output at zero hours
Time Series Output Interval == 300                 !Output frequency for the plot outputs

Model Output Zones == R1                           !Run with this output area active

Define Output Zone == R1                                     !Define each output area
  Read GIS Output Zone == ..\model\mi\2d_OZ_Region1_001.MIF
  Map Output Format == XMDF                                 
  Map Output Interval == 300                                 !Every 5mins
  Map Output Data Types == h v d                             !Only levels, velocity and depth
  Start Map Output == 18.                                    !Before this not much happens in the area
  End Map Output Interval == 60.                             !After this not much happens
  Output Folder == ..\results\R1
End Define