TUFLOW Forum
Melodea

Pit Attributes Width and Height

Hi All,

Could somebody please provide me with some clarity around the two pit attributes - width and height.  On pit schedules the details that are usually provided are length and width.  How do these fit into the width and height attributes?  Where can the height of pit details be found?

Thanks so much for your help.

Melodea.

Hi Melodea,

In the pit database a width and an area can be specified.  Are these the attributes you are referring to?  Or are you referring to the width / height in the 1d_nwk attributes?

Regards

Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your response.  Yes, I am referring to the width / height attributes in the 1d_nwk table.

Thanks,

Melodea

Hi Melodea,

It depends on the type of pit that you are modelling.  If you are modelling with an "R" type pit then these dimensions are used for defining the pit as a rectangular culvert.  If you are specifying a "Q" type pit a user defined depth-flow relationship is provided and these attributes are not used.

Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, they are all R type pits - I am not using the pit curve method at this stage.

I am wanting to know what dimension do I apply to width and what to height.  On my pit charts provided by the drainage designer I have pit width and pit length (in plan view of the grated pit).

Thanks in advance.

Melodea.