TUFLOW Forum
darrochkaye

Specifying Different Map Output Intervals for Each Type

I have a 2d model that I want to produce several types of map output at different frequencies. I want all map output to be written to both XMDF and DAT files, but I only want depth maximums to be written to ASCII grid output. The code below is what I currently have, which seems to agree with the Tuflow Manual, however the model is producing ASC output for all specified timesteps, not only maximums.

---

! Define what results are to be output
Map Output Format == XMDF ASC DAT
Map Output Data Types == d v q h !d E F h q R t V W Z1 ZH  ! Non-default output variables
Store Maximums and Minimums == ON MAXIMUMS ONLY  ! can save peak and minimum values (ON) or peak values only (ON MAXIMUMS ONLY)

ASC Map Output Data Types == d ! exports depth grid only for ASC output (others can be exported manually from TUFLOW_TO_GIS)

!-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
! Define times for writing results

Start Map Output == 95 ! start map output time (hours)
End Map Output == 130 ! end map output time (hours)
Map Output Interval == 900  ! frequency the map output data is written to file (seconds)

ASC Map Output Interval == 0 ! maximums only for ASC output

Time Series Output Interval (s) == 900 ! frequency the timeseries data is written to file (seconds)
Screen/Log Display Interval == 60 ! frequency with which output is displayed in the DOS window during a simulation (seconds)
CSV Time == Hours

---

Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Thanks.

Hi,

The control file syntax above look ok to me.  Do you have any event files or override files defined?  If the "Event File == " command occurs after the map output interval commands, it could be changing this.   If you are able to email through the .tcf (and any override and event files) as well as the .tlf trhough to support@tuflow.com we can take a closer look.

Cheers

Phil

13 hours ago, par said:

Hi,

The control file syntax above look ok to me.  Do you have any event files or override files defined?  If the "Event File == " command occurs after the map output interval commands, it could be changing this.   If you are able to email through the .tcf (and any override and event files) as well as the .tlf trhough to support@tuflow.com we can take a closer look.

Cheers

Phil

Thanks - I've emailed the support team as suggested.