TUFLOW Forum
jiwaszko

Water Level vs. Cross Section

Hi all,

I have produced a 2d model of a creek and would like to know if it is possible to produce a cross section of the channel with a cross section of the water elevation.  e.g5a97467c650e8_CrossSection.JPG.68776b35c61d83e1693783256120e71b.JPG

I am using QGIS and the only way I can think of doing this is by using the profile tool plugin and adding the .xmdf file and the DEM_Z.flt check file to the plotted cross section, however this also plot zero values and I end up with this:

Capture.JPG.3f99badccde32afab71d09c6e076e0d3.JPG

I will need to produce many of these so going through this method for each section is not practical.

Does anybody have any recomendations?

Thanks!

Josh

Edited by jiwaszko
Images not displaying

Hi Josh,

Have you tried outputting to .asc or .flt grids? Using grid results instead of the .xmdf results should remove the zero values in the profile tool.

You can output to grid straight from TUFLOW (Output Format == FLT or ASC), or use the TUFLOW_to_GIS.exe utility to output to grid from the .xmdf results (https://wiki.tuflow.com/index.php?title=TUFLOW_to_GIS).

Thanks,

Ellis

I have run into this same issue and would rather not have to cut a section from a raster.  Could TUFLOW add functionality to the lp_po, so besides just velocity (V_) and water level (H_),  add ground surface elevation. Then all the data to make the cross-section would be in the csv.

Thanks,
Scott