TUFLOW Forum
lawrence

How many HQ boundary possible?

Is it possible to use more than one HQ automatic outflow boundary within a single 2d domain. I am experiencing problems having more than one.

I am getting error message as 'Boundary does not select one or more 2D cells, Check line crosses cell cross-hairs'. I have checked and it is well snapped to the 2d boundary.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Is it possible to use more than one HQ automatic outflow boundary within a single 2d domain. I am experiencing problems having more than one.

I am getting error message as 'Boundary does not select one or more 2D cells, Check line crosses cell cross-hairs'. I have checked and it is well snapped to the 2d boundary.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi Waterman

You are getting error because your 2D HQ boundary line may not be selecting any 2D cells at all. Import the grid check file and inspect whether the 2d HQ line crosses the cross-hair of any 2D cell or not. The 2d cells are only selected if bc line crosses its cross-hairs (centroid of the cell). Hope this helps.

CV DRS

Yes, you should be able to have any number of HQ boundaries.

The error message indicates that the line is not intersecting with any cell cross-hairs (imaginary lines from the cell mid-sides to cell mid-sides). If you have digitised the line snapped to the cell corners or edges, this may(?) cause a problem as the line is lying exactly on the end of the cross-hairs. If the line is digitised snapped along the cell sides, try shifting the line slightly into the cell's you wish to select. As a general rule there is no need to snap boundary lines (or other types of lines/regions/points) to the 2D cell sides/corners/centers.

Should the problem persist, please contact support@tuflow.com so that we can arrange to look at the files.