TUFLOW Forum
lawrence

TUFLOW to GIS RESULT ERROR

Hi,

I processed the results of a stable model run using TUFLOW to GIS utility. I then imported the result through table import. Then i found that the flood level information in all the ZC grid point are 'zero' value. all the adjacent grid points gave correct Water Level.

I used a 10m grid (zpt for every 5m). But the Results obtained using the TUFLOW to GIS did not pick the water level for the centre point(ZC).

So far tried:

1. I therfore checked the 'Zpt data file' and there are no null values found. :blink:

2. installed the latest version of the utility(TUFLOW to GIS) and re-processed the results, but no success. :(

3. Finally used the result data with missing ZC water level, but interpolated to a grid with a 12m(slightly greater than 10m). this produced an interpolated grid with reasonable accuracy. BUT not quite sure if i can rely on the results. ;)

Anyone has experienced something like this? Any help would be much appreciated.

FOR MORE INFO, I HAVE INCLUDED A SNAPSHOT OF THE TYPE OF RESULT DATA I AM TALKING ABOUT.

regards

Lawrence

post-1290-1206553970_thumb.jpg

Which build of TUFLOW_to_GIS.exe are you running as this sounds like a bug from an earlier build, but you say that you have downloaded the latest? You can see the build ID by double clicking on TUFLOW_to_GIS.exe in explorer - the build will be near the start of the output to the Console (DOS) Window. The link to the latest build is http://www.tuflow.com/Downloads/Utilities/....2007-10-AA.zip.

If you are using 2007-10-AA and the problem still occurs, please email support@tuflow.com and attach the relevant files. If the files are too large to email, we'll need to arrange for an ftp site.

Thanks for reporting this Lawrence. The bug that caused the points at the cell centers has been fixed in TUFLOW_to_GIS Build 2008-08-AB. This bug only occurs if using the -mif -grid options with a grid spacing that causes a point to lie exactly in the cell center.

Please note that TUFLOW results in the .dat files are by default located at the 2D cell corners. These values are not the calculated values, but are interpolated from the calculated water levels (at the cell centers) and calculated velocities (at the cell mid-sides). When using the -grid option the values at each grid output point is interpolated from the (interpolated) values at the cell corners. It's important to be aware of the various interpolations, especially in areas of rapidly varying water level (eg. across a thin breakline where there is a big head drop).

The link to the 2008-04-AB build of TUFLOW_to_GIS is http://www.tuflow.com/Downloads/Utilities/....2008-04-AB.zip

Thanks Bill for the assistance. I have now intalled the lastest version and it works well. All results as expected. Thanks again. Cheers, Lawrence