TUFLOW Forum
cfrk

Raster files in Mapinfo

Similar to Tony's problem from March 2008, I am having issues when printing raster images from MapInfo.

Within MapInfo, I have imported a geo-referenced aerial photograph, as well as depth grids from Tuflow output. These appear to line up well with OS tiles as well as my Tuflow GIS files on the screen display. However when I try to print, the raster files (eg photo, depth grids) get shifted and are no longer where they should be??? I have checked that the projection is the same throughout, and can't find any solution.

Has anyone had similar problems? Any advice other than some computer/pavement contact?

Cheers

Richard

Further to my question, I'm not sure if it is an issue relating to my computer's memory? I can save window as a .jpeg or similar and then print from there, but it seems like a round-about way of doing things and doesn't have quite the same quality.

Richard

Try reducing the DPI (dot per inch) or quality of your print.

We have had a similar problem with our plotter and reducing the quality, only slightly (600 DPI to 300 DPI) has fix the problem and has not effected quality.

David

Thanks David,

We've had to resort to printing A4 prints on an A1 plotter. Have tried various options including printing to file and then to the printer, but it appears our A4 colour printer doesn't have the memory required to print these maps.

Cheers

Richard

I have had similar problems with geo-referenced images.

In the Options > Preferences > Image Processing screen there is an option to control when re-projection takes place.

It slows the computer down to re-project all the time which is why on our system the default is 'off'. so try turning it on.

Don't know if this will help with printing though.

Regards

Nick Steele

Thanks Nick, unfortunately that hasn't worked either. I've tried printing using an enhanced metafile to .pdf, which puts the image in the right place but chops 3/4 of it off, obviously has exceeded memory or something.

The method I've had to adopt is to print using Microsoft XPS Document Writer to an .xps, then from there print to .pdf (for electronic records) and finally to the printer for the report. Better quality than Save Window As too, especially with vectors such as OS tiles which come out blocky when saving window as, but are smooth using this method.

Cheers

Richard