TUFLOW Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Archana Patel

Creating Zpts from domain

Hello,

After creating domain and importing Zpts ,when I go for the Table>Maintainance>Table Structure and Query>Select

Its giving me the message 'No record selected '.

I want to delete not required Zpoints !

Your advise would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks & Regards

Archana Patel

Hi Archana,

Once you have imported your zpts, you need to use vertical mapper to do a point inspection. This process will assign an elevation to every zpt located within the bounds of any open DEM.

Once this has been completed, you need to do one of two things; either update the elevation column with the elevation data from the point inspection (Using Table\Update Column), or change the table structure (Table\Maintenance\Table Structure) to ensure the inspected points are in the fourth column. The heading does not need to be elevation and by leaving the heading as generated by MapInfo will allow you to trace back the data to a particular DEM (good QA!!).

To delete unwanted zpts (those assigned a null value, typically -9999), you need to go to Query\Select then select from table (your zpt layer) where the elevation column = -9999. If no points are selected, then there are no zpts with a null value. You do not need to delete these zpts provided that they occur outside you active 2d domain.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Joel

Hello,

After creating domain and importing Zpts ,when I go for the Table>Maintainance>Table Structure and Query>Select

Its giving me the message 'No record selected '.

I want to delete not required Zpoints !

Your advise would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks & Regards

Archana Patel

Thanks Joel.Its working now.

Once again thank you.

Archana