TUFLOW Forum
David Crompton

Translucent raster image

I am trying to create a layout with a translucent raster images within it. When you look at the layout window, the raster image is translucent however when printed, its a solid element and can not be seen through.

If I create a JPG file of map window, the raster image is translucent. But this is not what I'm after.

Does anyone know how to created a translucent raster image in a layout window.

Regards

David

Hi David

Our GIS guru has provided the following reply:

This has been a problem for a number of years. We thought the latest MI version had it covered, but it does not. Have had it working (once or twice), but not consistently. Seems it is something to do with printer/printer driver. Could try playing with the settings when printing. jpg's of the Map Window are still the way to go for translucent imaging.

Cheers

Bill

The latest version of MapInfo (v.10) seems to handle translucent images OK (may depend on the size of the images, but I had success with a floodplain overlaid on an aerial photo).

There is also a new MapInfo PDF printer, which overcomes a lot of problems we've had in the past printing raster images using the Adobe driver. The new version will also print complex maps straight to our colour printer, where previously the same maps would not print properly (assumed to be a problem with the printer memory).

Cheers

Richard