TUFLOW Forum
Anonymous

Batchfiles for TUFLOW_to_GIS.exe (Posted Pre 2007)

Yes

Below is an example of a batchfile using TUFLOW to GIS

TUFLOW_to_GIS.exe -asc -t99999 -b C:\B15289.k.clb.Kyoglekyg_mit19_010_012_430_h.dat

TUFLOW_to_GIS.exe -asc -t99999 -b C:\B15289.k.clb.Kyogle\ kyg_mit19_020_012_430_h.dat

TUFLOW_to_GIS.exe -asc -t99999 -b C:\B15289.k.clb.Kyogle\kyg_mit19_050_012_430_h.dat

pause

Hi Bill,

I have created a batch file to run TUFLOW_to_GIS. An example of the code is provided below. My problem is that it is not finding the "projection.mif" file even though it exists in the results folder. I renamed the file "header.mif" but that didn't fix the problem. Any ideas why this isn't working?

C:\TUFLOW\TUFLOW_Utilities\TUFLOW_to_GIS.exe -mif -t99999 -b C:\TuFlow\Albert Street\results\AS\2d\AS_3m_004_Q10_h.dat

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi Bill,

I was also trying to set up a TUFLOW_to_GIS batch file, with the following:

TUFLOW_to_GIS.exe -asc –grid10 –t99999 -b x_Q20_PostCl-11_d.dat

TUFLOW_to_GIS.exe -asc –grid10 –t99999 -b x_Q20_PostCl-12_d.dat

TUFLOW_to_GIS.exe -asc –grid10 –t99999 -b x_Q20_PostCl-13_d.dat

However, it prompts me to enter the timestep for every file. How do I fix it so that it is fully automated?

I've noticed that in the panel, it reads in as

TUFLOW_to_GIS.exe -asc u^grid10 u^t99999 -b Savannah_Total_Q20_PostCl-11_d.dat

This might suggest it is a problem with small and large dashes, but I've checked it and it doesn't seem to be this issue....

Cheers,

Arun

In addition, the first file worked without any issues, but it started to prompt for the time from the second file onwards, and also output the grid as 5m instead of 10m

Ok,

I copied the contents of what I had typed in notepad into Word, and although it showed no difference in notepad, it copied in as long dashes in Word. Why does it change them to long dashes after the first line, even though I had typed it Notepad?

Hi Arunzors

It looks like you've specified long-dashes for -grid10 and -t99999 as this is how they're appearing in the post - can you please double check these and try making them short dashes again.

Which TUFLOW_to_GIS build are you using? FYI, the latest version of TUFLOW_to_GIS (see announcement) now accepts long dashes.

Cheers

Bill

Ok,

I copied the contents of what I had typed in notepad into Word, and although it showed no difference in notepad, it copied in as long dashes in Word. Why does it change them to long dashes after the first line, even though I had typed it Notepad?

Might have to ask Bill Gates that one! Word's (and seemingly Notepad's) propensity to change short dashes to long dashes has always been a mystery. Anyway, try using the latest TUFLOW_to_GIS (Build 2011-05-AA) and whether short or long dash should no longer be an issue. :)

Cheers

Bill