TUFLOW Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dannyduong

MapInfo Label Display

Hi there,

I'm trying to manipulate the way Layer Control labels are displayed. However, I accidentally ended up shifting some labels, and their anchor points, on the map window and saved the workspace. Now, every time I open the workspace up, the labels are in their new locations and is problematic when zooming in and out.

Can I set the anchor positions such that they're located in their original places?

I am using MapInfo 10 and 9.5.

Quote from the help file:

You can also select and drag a label to move it, but this is not recommended because you are actually moving the label location on the map. If you drag a label a few pixels, the distance you move it is in the current map units, regardless of the zoom.

Cheers,

Danny

I've also had this problem in the past where I accidently deleted some of the labels. There are two ways to get around this.

You can open the WOR file in a text editor (Ultra Edit), find the map window you are working in, identify the layer which you have labeled and delete the label "object" commands. Deleting the object commands will return the labels to there original locations. Probably try this on a copy of the workspace file first, in case you delete the wrong info by accident.

For example:

Layer 4

Display Graphic

Global Pen (1,2,0) Brush (2,16777215,16777215) Symbol (35,0,12) Line (6,2,16736352) Font ("Arial",0,9,0)

Label Line Arrow Position Above Font ("Arial",257,9,0,16777215) Pen (1,2,0)

With Value

Parallel Off Auto On Overlap Off Duplicates On Offset 2

Visibility On

Object 162 Line Arrow Anchor (521870.47671086306,6762329.8955717944)

becomes

Layer 4

Display Graphic

Global Pen (1,2,0) Brush (2,16777215,16777215) Symbol (35,0,12) Line (6,2,16736352) Font ("Arial",0,9,0)

Label Line Arrow Position Above Font ("Arial",257,9,0,16777215) Pen (1,2,0)

With Value

Parallel Off Auto On Overlap Off Duplicates On Offset 2

Visibility On

This is handy if you have lots of workspaces which need changing that require the same fix.

Otherwise, if it's just one workspace you're working with remove the problem layer from the map window and then re add it. You'll have to go through the process of setting the label properties for the new layer, but at least the labels will be in the right spot.

Chris