TUFLOW Forum
vicky.carr

Is there an SMS alternative?

Hi

I have previously used the SMS demo for viewing my TuFlow results. Due to company policy, I am no longer able to use demo licences B)

Does anyone know if there is an alternative package?

I have had a quick look into purchansing a copy of SMS, and found the VIS package, SMS1. Can anyone tell me if this has the functionality that I would need to view results files? Or whether there is another package/solution.

Cheers

Vicky

ISIS Mapper (part of ISIS) can view TuFlow results without re-processing and can also generate TuFlow GIS layers. ISIS can be downloaded from www.isisuser.com, though there is a results file size limit if an ISIS "professional" licence isn't held.

ISIS Mapper (part of ISIS) can view TuFlow results without re-processing and can also generate TuFlow GIS layers. ISIS can be downloaded from www.isisuser.com, though there is a results file size limit if an ISIS "professional" licence isn't held.

Just to clarify: there is no file size limit for ISIS Mapper any more. B)

Hi,

The Viz package was created for people that want to use SMS for post-processing but not pre-processing. It should do everything you need and you can upgrade to the newest version of SMS which has quite a few improvements over the last distributed demo version.

The viz package includes:

* The ability to read any size TUFLOW results (you might have to get the 64-bit version for meshes over 2 Million or so nodes).

* The ability to do contours, vector display, animations, export to Google (raster, raster animations, and limited vector data), 2D plots for a single point through time or values along an arc, view images in background or draped over the solution, use the dataset toolbox (data calculator, vectors->scalars, scalars->vectors, get data at specific times,...) including new features for creating datasets such as a dataset compare similar to dat to dat but much easier to use, and zonal classification to identify areas that meet a given set of requirements such as velocities < 2.0 m/s and depths between 1.0 and 2.0 m (used in ecological studies at times).

SMS can be licensed to a single computer or shared using a stand alone or network lock.

Please visit the www.aquaveo.com for more information or to try a 30day trial version. Feel free to contact sales@aquaveo.com to get any answers you need.

Cheers,

Rusty

Hi

I have previously used the SMS demo for viewing my TuFlow results. Due to company policy, I am no longer able to use demo licences B)

Does anyone know if there is an alternative package?

I have had a quick look into purchansing a copy of SMS, and found the VIS package, SMS1. Can anyone tell me if this has the functionality that I would need to view results files? Or whether there is another package/solution.

Cheers

Vicky

Hi Vicky,

You don't say explicitly what you are wanting to do with your results viewing, but there is another option available in waterRIDE FLOOD Manager. waterRIDE FLOOD Manager was developed to overcome the limitations of conventional GIS in analysing interated time series datasets.

It has a host of tools for viewing, interrogating, post processing and presenting the results of any hydraulic model in a full GIS environment. Whilst a valuable tool for modellers, it is much more than just a results viewing application.

The software has wide ranging appeal: from modellers and consultants, to floodplain managers and planners, through to flood emergency managers and the general community.

It supports model results (both 1D and 2D) in a variety of formats such as: TUFLOW, SOBEK, RMA, MIKE21, MIKE11, ESTRY, XP-STORM, FLS, ANUGA, HEC-RAS, and ASCII Grids.

Please feel free to have a look at the website: www.waterRIDE.net and to ask any questions.

Regards,

Cameron