TUFLOW Forum
dicky203

Dongle can't be found

Hi

I've come accross a problem with our standalone dongle, when you close the dos shell straight after starting a simulation starts, the next time you start a TUFLOW run it can't find the dongle and just hangs after "Looking for Standalone dongle..."

The only way I've found to solve this issue is to restart the computer, which is fine, unless we have other runs going using other software. It seems not everyone remembers to use ctrl+c to stop a simulation. Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm using the latest version of TUFLOW, and I've tried reinserting the dongle and reinstalling the dongle drivers to no avail.

I have experienced this as well. You either need to reboot the machine, or log out/log back in (not sure if logging out will affect other programs running?)

If you wait just a couple more seconds to stop the simulation (i.e. wait til the software has detected the dongle and starts processing the model files) then this problem is avoided.

Hi Richie and Lih

Yes, this can occur with standalone dongles and the only option is to reboot. I've been in discussion with the dongle providers several times regarding this, but as the problem is hit and miss they haven't been able to track it down.

FYI, we're switching to new dongles (old dongles will continue to be supported) that thus far are performing very nicely and have not yet required a reboot...

Cheers

Bill

I've been in discussion with the dongle providers several times regarding this, but as the problem is hit and miss they haven't been able to track it down.

FYI, we're switching to new dongles (old dongles will continue to be supported) that thus far are performing very nicely and have not yet required a reboot...

Cheers

Bill

Maybe the dongle providers would like to visit Leeds where we seem to be having this problem quite regularly enough! I'm not sure whether the dongle is new or old (we've rented one until the national roll-out due shortly).