TUFLOW Forum
Osman Chowdhury

Creating cross section in SMS

hi all

i am very new in TUFLOW modeling. i am running TUFLOW model for my overland flow study as requested by Council. everything is fine. But i am looking to create cross section along my site. is any body can help me how to Create cross section in SMS???

thanks in advance for help.

Regards

Osman Chowdhury

Hi,

I'm not sure that I understand the question, but it sounds like you want to create a plot of results along a line. If this is not the case, please repost the question differently and hopefully I will understand.

The tools for plotting/extracting data along a line in SMS are used in an observation coverage within SMS. Create a new coverage of type observation. Click out a line along where you want to extract data and choose "Display | Plot Wizard." Choose observation profile as the plot type and select the datasets you are interested in plotting. When the plot is up and you want to look at the values along the line, right click on it and choose view values.

Cheers,

Rusty

hi all

i am very new in TUFLOW modeling. i am running TUFLOW model for my overland flow study as requested by Council. everything is fine. But i am looking to create cross section along my site. is any body can help me how to Create cross section in SMS???

thanks in advance for help.

Regards

Osman Chowdhury