TUFLOW Forum
Luke

Event File (.tef) errors

Hi All,

I’m trying to set up a Multiple Events run as per Section 4.12 of the manual. When I go to the run the batch file TUFLOW runs but immediately prompts to manually enter the name of a .tcf file. Here is the batch file script I am using (copied exactly as in the manual)...

set TUFLOWEXE=C:\Program Files (x86)\TUFLOW\2010-10-AC-w32\TUFLOW_iDP_w32.exe

set RUN=start "TUFLOW" /low /wait /min "%TUFLOWEXE%" -b

%RUN% –e 50y_10m catchment_n~e~.tcf

%RUN% –e 50y_15m catchment_n~e~.tcf

%RUN% –e 50y_20m catchment_n~e~.tcf

Does anyone have any idea why this isn’t working? I’ve set up the event file and .TCF exactly as per the examples in the manual.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Luke

Can you make sure that the .tcf file exists with exactly the same name, and, in your case, is in the same folder as the .bat file. That is, you must have a .tcf file called "catchment_n~e~.tcf" in the same folder as your .bat file. If using UltraEdit, if you right click anywhere on the .tcf filename, you should be able to open it (this is a good way to check that the file exists, and to open it!). I've just been testing and it's the only thing I can see that will cause this.

Cheers

Bill

Thanks Bill,

Along with changing the name of the batch file to match, we also found there was a problem with the "-e" command. We copy and pasted the code from the manual and when we re-wrote the "-e" manually it worked, not too sure why though!

Anyway, it's working well now.

Many thanks again.

Luke

Unfortunately it's a silly Word thing! As can indeed be seen in your first post, the '-e' bits all have long dashes (which Word helpfully made that way; compare with the '-b' in your second line of code). TUFLOW can't read these correctly, so it didn't work. When you re-typed them, you'll have got nice short dashes and voila! It now works. :)

So now you know.

Bill, I thought I read somewhere that you'd changed it so it could now interpret the long dashes? Can't see it in the release notes; is it so?! If not, is this possible? Luke has used the latest version I note, so if it is supposed to be there already then perhaps it's not quite right in all cases. [shrugs]

PHA.