TUFLOW Forum
EricXu

'Read GIS Z Shape == 2D_Zsh.MIF ' command

Hi All,

Does anyone have problem with 'Read GIS Z Shape == 2D_Zsh.MIF'?

I used a polygon ('Z=0,dZ=0,Shape_Width_or_dMax=0,Shape_Options= ') without any points to snap its vertices. But the vertices actually were not merged with the current Zpt values, so I could not revise all the Zpts within the polygon.I also tried 'Shape_Options=MERGE ALL', but the same result.

Before the 'Read GIS Z Shape' command, I used six 'Read Tin Zpts' commands. I don't think this will cause the above problem, but I could not find anything special with this TGC file.

I used 'Read GIS Z Shape' for another Tuflow model with the exactly same 2d_Zsh table, which worked well.

Sometimes we have to use 2d_Zsh to modify the Zpts since we only have 1 12D dongle in the group.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Eric

Hi Eric,

Does anything appear in the _zsh_zpt_check.mif or _sh_obj_check.mif check files? It would also be worth checking your log file (search for Read GIS Z Shape) to ensure that the object has been read in correctly and no warnings are issued (such as a projection warning).

Do any of these give a clue as to what might be happening?

There should not be any issues with the above commands in the .tgc.

Cheers

Phillip

Hi Phillip,

Thanks for your reply.

I checked the sh_obj_check layer and the tlf file last night. I could not find any problem from there. I ran the model several times by removing xf8 files created previously. I even shut down the computer in case that Tuflow remembered previous tins.

Regards,

Eric