TUFLOW Forum
Robin.Green

XMDF to .ASC

Hi there

I'm having a bit of trouble extracting a ZUK0 asc grid from the .XMDF format. I can successfully use TUFLOW_to_GIS to extract H & D datasets, but setting the 'type' to ZUK0 results in the following error: "Unable to interpret Map Output Data Type: "ZUK0". I am able to open this dataset without issue within SMS.

Has anyone else experienced this, and do you know of a fix?

I'm currently using build 2011-05-AA of TUFLOW_to_GIS, as when I haved tried using 2011-08-AA I get the error "unable to read data" for all datasets.

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob,

Are you able to email support@tuflow.com and I can give you a beta of a later build of the TUFLOW_to_GIS utility, that may solve the problem. Otherwise I may have to get the file off you so we can run the utility in debug to determine what is happening.

Regards

Phillip

This issue was occurring as the website had an incorrect download. The download was supposed to contain a 2011 version of the utility but the .zip file contained the 2010-09-AC version (which didn't have xmdf file support).

The website has been updated and the 2011-09-AA version should work with the xmdf files. The following command line will convert the ZUK0 data to an .asc file:

TUFLOW_to_GIS.exe -asc -max -typeZUK0 results.xmdf

Any issues, please email support@tuflow.com.

Regards

Phillip